Pinterest is a gem that can be a major source of free traffic. Really popular pins may continue to circulate even a year after its creation and still continue to generate traffic to your website, which doesn’t happen on any other social network.
Creating Good Pins
- Make sure the pins offer something of value to audience and make it clear what they will get from reading or watching the content that you are directing them to.
- Tutorial pins are a good strategy if you do not have a lot of fresh blog content. You can teach someone how to do something right on Pinterest and then you can direct them to your blog link and in the caption say something like “for more tips on _ visit my blog at www.example.com”.
- The text should be large and easy to read.
- Use templates from Canva.com they make it easy to create an attractive pin without having any design skills whatsoever.
- Use your brand colors and implement your logo for more brand awareness.
- Use unsplash.com as a resource for FREE stock photos.
- Make sure when you post that the pin has a good caption with a description of what the user can expect from the content that you are linking them to.
Lead Generation & Conversion
Like many other social networks Pinterest has implemented paid advertising. With their new algorithm if you direct a pin to a link with an obvious email form/lead page or a shop page your reach is decreased. However, if you direct it to tutorial content like your blog for example you can get massive amounts of traffic without paying anything.
To take advantage of the free traffic by acquiring them as a lead. Make sure your email list is at the top of your page, within your blog content, at the bottom of your blog content and implement a popup if you need to start growing your list of leads. This way you capture visitors contact email info and reach out to them later.
As a new subscriber you need to offer them value, get them acquainted with you first and then sell. Learn more about converting leads to sales in the Email Revenue Generator section of this website.
How to get followers if you are completely new to Pinterest
- Start following other users who have pins and have boards related to your niche
- Comment on other users with similar interest
- Pin frequently (On Facebook and Instagram this is not necessary but on this network it is) If you can at least aim to do 1 or 2 pins a day it will make a big difference!
- Re-pin other’s content this exposes you to these users (you can create a board for re-posts for example “inspiration)
- Create a group board and invite others to the board. Again this exposes you to more users.
- Make sure you have quality content on your boards and it is all sticking to one central theme.
With the right topic you can grow an audience rather quickly on Pinterest. Good topic examples for Pinterest: Fashion, Hair, Makeup, Skin Care, Fitness, Interior Design, and Weddings (super big on Pinterest!).